“Prepare Customized Medications Just For You..”
What is compounding?
Compounding is one of the oldest types of pharmacy practiced today. This art form provides custom made medications for patients needing alternative dosages and/or unique dosage forms. Our staff has been trained to compound non-sterile prescriptions from pure ingredients creating the exact product someone needs. We dispense our custom made medications in dosing tools, such as Topi-Clicks, Topi-Pumps, Accu-Pens and unit dose syringes. As a member of Professional Compounding Center of America (PCCA), we have access to the highest quality chemicals and equipment on the market. Although compounding dates back to 8thcentury Middle-eastern pharmacists and chemists, it has developed into a very technical process that allows for precise dosing. We are proud to continue the tradition of pharmacy compounding in one of South Carolina’s oldest drugstores!
Compounded Dosage Forms
[themify_list icon_color=”#3b54a4″ icon=”fa-check-square-o”]
- lip blams
Situations that may require a compounded prescription.
- When certain medications may have been discontinued or unavailable on the market.
- When patients have an allergy to certain ingredients in commercially available products.
- If medications need to be taken by routes other than orally.
- If a family pet needs medication designed for easy administration.
- When trying to disguise bitter drugs for pediatrics.
- When certain strengths are not available commercially.
What is PCCA?
PCCA is the premier compounding resource for independent pharmacies in the U.S. and across the globe. PCCA provides its members with the purest of ingredients and top of the line equipment, and their staff educates pharmacists and physicians on the latest innovations in compounding practice.